1. Avocado – can elevate your spirit!
(Avocados contain serotonin, a type of feel-good neurotransmitter)
2. Raw Cocoa – High in magnesium and contains significant quantities of the essential amino acid Tryptophan, which is crucial for the production of the neurotransmitter, serotonin.
3. Spinach – Nutrient dense and a powerful health – mood and illness prevention food. Spinach is full of vitamin B9 (folate) which helps the body maintain normal levels of the mood-enhancing neurotransmitter serotonin. Low levels of folate are often associated with depression. RDA is around 400 micrograms. *Some other folate rich foods include asparagus, beans and broccoli.
4. Chia Seeds – A potent vegetarian source of omega 3 and packed with amino acids.
5. Sunflower Seeds – Their richness in vitamin E – Selenium and Magnesium all contribute to improving your mood! (also rich in selenium)
Remember, ALL of these (and their are many more too) JUST GROW THAT WAY!
Meaning NO processing.